My new found obsession and a sensetional on youtube… Refrigerator Oats.
Sharing the fact that i accidentally came across this recipe a couple of months ago. My weightloss journey and my quest towards fighting my unhealthy relationship with carbs made me miss many of my favourite recipes including this one. i have managed to shed more than 15lbs/ 7kg in one months on a Paleo diet. I then decided to add few carbs and more kms on my daily runs as a treat. The this is weightloss is so predictable, its simple.
<calorie intake + > excersise/ calorie burn =weightloss
>calorie intake +<excersise/ calorie bur = weightgain
Oats, my all time favorite cereal since childhood. Its not only a healthy choice of a breakfast cereal, but it also provide long lasting energy through out the morning. Its a great way to kick all those unnecessary snacks with added calories into your diet. Ive tried many recipes including chewy oat crunchies, granola cookies and bars using few of my trusted brands… maybe one day I’ll share with you guys lol.
Best choice in the market if you ask me is to buy old fashion raw rolled oats, it just taste better.
Anyway back to the star of the show, Refrigerator Oats… lets me share my mncaaaaa(means “nice” in isiXhosa) recipe.
Things you’ll need:
- Measuring cups
- 1/2 cup raw rolled oats
- 1/2 cup preferred milk ( i use Clover Good Hope Soy Milk)
- 1/4 cup greek/ plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fruit ( i used figs)
- 2 tbsp chopped raw almond ( because i love nut)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- In an empty mason jar pour a layer of oats first and the add the milk on top without stirring
- After add the milk, go aheard and pour your layer of yoghurt, fruit amd lastly your nuts.
- For garnish sprinkle the seeds ontop and drizzle the honey for extra sweetness.
- Refregirate overnight and serve chilled for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. I wont judge you shame.
- Berries, mango and banana with PB are my other favorite flavours.
If you want me to share more variety of refrigerator oats recipes… hit me up and ill tag you on the post.
I hope you’ll tried and test the recipe, dont forget to let me know what you think also. I’ve ordered chia seed online, lol the price was so good to a point i preferred to wait till they deliver than opting for my local grocery store. I’ll share a link to their website after they’ve delivered, just incase they are not legit lol.
Thank you for visiting my blog…. XOXO